A BAR has closed temporarily after a number of Covid cases were linked to the Bournemouth town centre venue.
Public health chiefs have not confirmed the exact number of positives tests that could be traced to a connection with Bar So.
However, anyone who visited the Exeter Road premises between May 29 and June 2 has been asked to get a PCR coronavirus test even if they have not been contacted by track and trace.
In a statement on social media, Bar So said this was a “precaution”.
The venue confirmed it will be closed this weekend, with a reopening planned for Wednesday, June 16.
BCP Council officers have visited the venue to make sure the Covid regulations are “understood and correctly practised”.
Councillor May Haines, BCP Council ‘s portfolio holder for community safety, said the local authority is working with Bar So’s management team and Public Health Dorset to “investigate the situation further”.
She said: “The operator of Bar So has cooperated fully with our enquires and has taken the decision to close the venue until next Wednesday while enquiries are ongoing as a precaution.”
Public Health Dorset said it was aware of confirmed cases associated with Bar So but did not confirm the figure to the Daily Echo yesterday.
Rachel Partridge, assistant director of public health for Dorset and BCP Councils, said: “We have been working closely with the venue and Public Health England South West to take any necessary measures. Close contacts of the cases have been identified and advised to self-isolate at home.
“However, as there are a number of cases associated with the venue, as a precaution we are asking anyone who visited Bar So on any date from Saturday 29 May up to and including Wednesday 2 June to take a PCR test to check for Covid-19. This will help to identify and isolate any additional cases and prevent the further spread of the virus.”
“This is a reminder to us all that we continue to live with Covid-19 and I would like to stress the importance of maintaining social distancing measures, washing your hands regularly and wearing a face covering where required.”
Bar So’s statement on Facebook said the venue had been informed of a number of positive cases associated with the establishment.
It added: “Bar So will remain closed this weekend and re-open on Wed 16th June. All existing bookings during this period will be automatically be refunded in full. Please note refunds for card payments take 5-10 working days.”